At project AVA our efforts are focused on supporting at-risk children and families. Every project allows us to develop partnerships with other non-profit organizations that reach this vulnerable population. We admire their tireless work and relentless dedication, and we’re committed to assisting them in their efforts. It’s who we are. It’s why we exist. But it’s always fun to step back, look around, and appreciate what others are doing to make our world better.
With that in mind, project AVA is eager to announce a fundraising effort that’s inclusive of all non-profit organizations. We’re privileged to be surrounded by so many wonderful charities, agencies that work to meet the needs of others or support a worthy cause, be it at-risk children and families, medical research, homelessness, animal rescue, senior citizen resource centers, wish granters, rare disease awareness … the list goes on an on. And so, we’re excited to introduce The Double Play – Pick your team and pick your charity!
What is it?
One of baseball’s best rivalries is the backdrop for an opportunity to help project AVA do something amazing – and win a ticket package to see the Cubs battle the Cardinals in St. Louis. We’re challenging fans of both teams. Step up to the plate and make a donation to help your team come out on top.
What can I win?
Grand Slam Package (Total Value $700)
- Two tickets to the Cubs vs. Cardinals game on Friday, June 26
- Exact seats won’t be known until ticket pick up but will either be in the lower left field or right field box (sections 127-134 or sections 166-172)
- Overnight accommodations for Friday, June 26th at the St. Louis Hilton downtown (with a room overlooking Busch Stadium)
- A $50 gift certificate to Mike Shannon’s Steaks & Seafood
Home Run Package (Total Value $110)
- Two tickets to the Cubs vs. Cardinals game on Friday, June 26 (Section 430, Seats 1-2)
- A $25 gift card to FOX Sports Midwest Live at Ballpark Village.
That’s Not All!
- Half of the net proceeds we raise will go to project AVA to support our projects for at-risk children and families. The other half will be split between two other 501(c)3 non-profit organizations, and one donor from each team will be selected to pick the charities (and the donations will be made in their honor)!
How Do I Play?
You can enter the contest for as little as $5 ($25 gets you an entry into the pick-the-charity contest) but your odds increase the more you give!
- $5 = 1 ticket package entry
- $10 = 2 ticket package entries
- $20 = 4 ticket package entries
- $25 = 5 ticket package entries, plus 1 pick-the-charity entry
- $50 = 10 ticket package entries, plus 2 pick-the-charity entries
- $100 = 20 ticket package entries, plus 4 pick-the-charity entries
- $500 = 100 ticket package entries, plus 20 pick-the-charity entries
How does it work?
- Make a donation to your favorite team’s “account,” then help us promote the contest on social media.
- If your team raises the most money, you’ll be eligible to win the Grand Slam Package.
- The losing team won’t get shut out. One winner from that side will receive the Home Run Package.
- There will be four winners drawn at random on June 12, 2015.
- Grand Slam Winner
- Home Run Winner
- Cardinals Pick the Charity Winner
- Cubs Pick the Charity Winner
- Number of entries per donor will be determined as noted above.
When can I donate?
Now! The Double Play fundraiser ends June 12, 2015.
The “fine print”
- Be kind (a project AVA no-brainer)! Remember, it’s a friendly rivalry.
- The charities selected by the “pick-the-charity” winners must be licensed 501(c)3 organizations and provide to project AVA copies of their IRS designations or proof of their Form 1023 applications.
- project AVA is a licensed 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Please check with your tax professional to learn how your donation may be tax deductible.